Michel-Chartrand park is spread out over 185 hectares, and is visited year-round by people who take part in its numerous recreation activities, or who simply observe and discover nature (flora and fauna). The park also hosts various programs, presents popular events, and holds activities for the young in both winter and summer.
It features approximately ten kilometres of hiking trails and bicycle paths, as well as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing trails. There is a sliding hill, a skating rink, a snack bar and a boutique that rents ski equipment. Michel-Chartrand park is also a great place to bird watch: in total, some 210 species have been spotted and indexed.
Whatever the season, the park organizes special programs such as conferences, workshops and tours. It has several picnic areas. Day camps are open over the summer and winter holidays. It’s a veritable hub of intensive activity, with its chalet, parking lot, three artificial lakes and large grassy plain. The wooded area is classified as a wetland of high ecological value. A network of multi-functional trails criss-cross the park. To cap it all off, there is an old farm and 280 community garden units.
- Hiring, training and full supervision of operations, maintenance and programming-leadership staff
- Snack bar and equipment rental services
- Preventive maintenance of buildings and electromechanical systems
- Complete maintenance of park infrastructures (hiking trails, playground equipment, street furniture, etc.)
- Cutting and maintenance of ski trails, hiking trails and the sliding hill
- Gardening, landscaping and grass cutting service
- Snow removal from parking lots, entryways and trails
- Provision of all equipment and operating machinery
- Planning and implementation of programming for various seasonal activities and day camps
- Organization of and support for large-scale festivities and events